Are you searching to know how to generate GTBank token code? Then this guide is for you. The Guaranteed Trusted Bank token number is used to authorize online banking transactions.
As a GTbank account holder, if you do perform transactions online or pay 3rd party, then the GTBank token code will be required of you in order to meet your daily transactions needs.
The GTBank online banking users will understand how important GTBank security token is to complete a transaction.
GTBank Plc has both soft token code and a hardware token, therefore, generating a GTBank token number can be done in two ways, using the GTbank software token method or the GTBank hardware token method.
In this post, I will be showing everything you need to know about how to generate GTbank token code whether soft or hard.
First, let’s started by knowing what the GTBank Token code is all about!
Table of Contents
What is GTBank Token code?
GTBank Token code is a 6-digit code that gives you optimal protection against online thefts, hackers, and fraudsters. It’s a safer and more secure way to carry out your GTBank online transactions.
The GTBank security token is the key that grants you full access to carry out any third-party transfers/online payments when using the GTBank internet banking platform alongside the GT Bank mobile banking app anywhere in the world.
Also, NOTE that you must use the GTBank generated token code within 60 seconds (i.e 1 minute) after it has been successfully generated unless it will be invalid and you’ll be prompt/have to generate a new one again.
How to Use the GT Bank Security Token
The GTBank soft/hard security token device is used when performing the following transactions online:
- Transferring money from your own GTbank account to another GTBank account or to other banks in Nigeria.
- To generating secure token codes
- Use in conducting FX transfers
- For processing cash and also draft in transit
- Use in adding more service options on your GTBank internet banking platform using the add service option.
- Also for making FX sales and lots more.
Therefore, when carrying out any of the transactions listed above, you’ll be required to input a 6-digit code (token) in a defined field to validate and wrap up the transaction.
For those using GTB token device, the GTBank token code can be generated by clicking the white button on the GTBank hardware token device.
It can also be generated by GTBank Plc and send to you automatically upon any 3rd party/online payments or you can generate it using GTBank USSD banking platform with your mobile phone number linked to your account.
Benefits of GTBank Security Token
The following benefits you’ll enjoy using the GTB token code:
- GTBank security token generates random code for every transaction which makes it impossible for someone to carry out online transactions using your GT Bank account.
- Visiting GTBank branch will be of no need because with a security token you can carry out any online transactions anywhere in the world.
- You can securely send money to family and friends as well as make payments from any smart device such as computer and web-enabled mobile phone.
- GTBank token is the latest in banking security technology by GTBank Plc which uses a 128 bit data encryption to protect your bank account details.
Types of GTbank Token
GTbank has two types of security token code, they are as follows:
- GTbank hardware token
- The GTBank software token
How to generate the GTBank Hardware Token Code
To generate the GTBank hardware token, you’ll need to own the GTBank token hardware device. With this, you will be able to know how to activate GTBank tokens and also generate tokens anytime you’re to carry out transactions.
To generate a hardware token when performing transactions using the GTBank token device, simply press the “white button” on the GTB OTP device immediately, a 6 digits code will generate and displayed on the device screen.
How to Get GTBank Hardware Security Token
Asking how do I get my GTB token code, you can use the method below:
- Visit or go online to download the GTBank token form now.
- Ensure you fill the complete form.
- Drop the completed form at any of GTB branches
- And you’ll be able to pick up token immediately from the same branch.
How to activate GTBank Token Number
Find below how to activate the GTBank soft and hardware token:
How to generate GTBank Soft Token
Using your mobile phone, you can easily get a token code for GTB. This is achieved with the help of GTBank USSD code that enables you to generate GTBbank soft tokens without the need of applying for the GTBank hardware token device.
When once you’ve setup the GTBank USSD code banking, you can then use it to proceed on how to generate GTBank token code without debit card at your own convenient time when the need arises.
How To Generate GTBANK Token Code Using Phone
How to generate the GTBANK token code with the phone is the next option if you’re looking for how to create token code for GTBank without ATM card. Here are steps on how to generate token codes with the GTBank USSD banking.
To get started, please make sure that the SIM card you’re using is directly linked with the GTBank account. Then, follow the steps below to get your GBT token code activated:
Step 1: To Activate GTB Soft Token Code with USSD
- Just dial *737*7# on the phone number that’s linked to your GTBank account.
- Next, enter your GTBank NUBAN account number.
- Then, enter the last six (6) digits of your GTBank debit card.
Step 2: To Activate GTB Soft Token Code with USSD
- Dial *737# on the SIM card you’ve your GTB USSD code activated.
- Then reply prompt with 11 for NEXT option.
- Now choose option 8 “generate token”.
- Enter the required details to get your GTB token.
Whichever step you use, your GTB token code will be displayed on the phone’s screen. Then, you can now use it to complete your online banking transactions/payments.
Key Features of GTBank Token Code
The following are the key features of the GTB token number:
- Helps you transfer to any GTBank account and other banks in Nigeria
- Enable you pay for your Cable subscription securely.
- Pay for your phone bills and internet services.
- Do your shopping online by paying directly.
- Pay for your US Visa fee.
- Book flight tickets on the following Airlines (British Airways, Lufthansa German Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Etihad, Ethiopian Airlines, Kenya, Qatar)
- Sell Foreign currencies from your domiciliary account(s) to the bank.
- Transferring of foreign currencies (such as Dollars, pounds, Euro) from your GTBank domiciliary account to anyone in the world.
- Place a standing order on your account and lots more.
How To generate GTBank token Using app
The GTBank token app also allows you to get your GTB token number. To get started, go to Play Store or App Store to download.
Install the GTBank token app smartphone and use it to generate token numbers anytime you’re to perform any online transaction.
How To Deactivate GTBank Token/Change PIN
This section is for you if you’re looking for how to deactivate the GTBank token or how to change the GTBank token PIN. Here I will be showing 2 ways to do that using the GTBank internet banking platform or via GTConnect. Let’s get started!
Deactivate GTBank Token code using Internet Banking Page
To get started using this process, do the following:
- Visit the GTBank internet banking page.
- Log on to GTB internet banking platform with your User ID and Password.
- Click on “Self Service”.
- Next, click on “Deactivate Token”.
- Then, click on “New Request” and select the token to be deactivated.
- You will have to provide answer to your secret question and then click “Send Deactivation Code” to send deactivation code to your registered email address and phone number.
- Now, to retrieve deactivation code and enter it into the appropriate box to complete deactivation.
How to deactivate GTBank Token code using GTConnect
Do the following if you wish to deactivate your GTB token number via GTConnect:
- On you mobile phone, simply dial +2348039003900, or +2348029002900.
- Ensure you press the appropriate number to be served in any language of your choice.
- Then, press “0” and hold on to speak to an GTBank customer service representative.
- Upon the authentication process, the agent will deactivates the GTB token device.
Alternatively, you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to deactivate your token.
Please note that call charges apply.
I believe that after reading this article, how to get GTBank hardware token activated or how to activate GTBank token number, in general, is never a problem to you again.
This guide has highlighted everything you should know about how to generate GTBank token code starting from the beginning to the end. I also point hand to how to deactivate and change your GTB token PIN if you ever wish to.
If you find this guide on how to generate OTP code for GTB interesting, please do share to help others who might be in need of such information. And also feel free to share your opinion/suggestion using the comment box below.
Your questions and answers about the GTBank Token code are welcome. We promise to get back to you in no short time.
Dial *737*7# Enter your USSD transaction PIN to receive your token code Token code is immediately displayed.How do I get my GTBank token authorization code? ›
Authorization Code: To get a 9-digit authorization code, call GTCONNECT contact centre on 080 2900 2900 or 080 3900 3900. To activate your GT eToken app using this method, enter any of your user credentials and your authorization code.How do I get my GTBank secret answer? ›
If you have forgotten your secret answer, select 'remind me of my secret answer' and your secret question will be sent to your registered email address. To do this, select the Profile icon on the top-left corner of your Home screen and select 'Reset secret question'.How to transfer money without using pin and token code in GTBank? ›
Dial *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account Number# (e.g. *737*1*1000*1234567890#) from the phone number you registered with GTBank, then follow the on-screen prompts.
You can try logging out of the app and logging in again or wait for a few minutes/hours and try again at a later time. You can also try contacting the GTbank customer care or visit the nearest GTbank branch to resolve this issue.How can I generate authorization token? ›
- In the top-right corner of the Console, open the Profile menu and then click User Settings to view the details.
- On the Auth Tokens page, click Generate Token.
- Enter a friendly description for the auth token. ...
- Click Generate Token.
- Obtain OAuth 2.0 credentials from the Google API Console. ...
- Obtain an access token from the Google Authorization Server. ...
- Examine scopes of access granted by the user. ...
- Send the access token to an API. ...
- Refresh the access token, if necessary.
- Click here to download the form now.
- Complete the form.
- Drop the completed form at any of our branches.
- Pick up token immediately from the same branch.
Guaranty Trust - To protect your account while performing transactions on your account, Internet Banking Secret Questions are used. It is a secondary method to identify yourself online.How to generate GTB OTP with USSD? ›
Guaranty Trust on X: "Generate OTP- *737*7#" / X.
To unblock your Token device, kindly call GTconnect on 0700-482666328, 234-1-4480000, 08029002900, 08039003900.What is GTB 737 PIN or token? ›
A 737 transaction PIN is just as important as your bank card PIN. It makes sure that banking on your phone is more secure and no less convenient. Best to create your PIN today. Dial *737*5# to start. You only have to do this once.How do I get my bank token? ›
Visit your nearest Zenith Bank branch or contact the bank's customer service to request a token. Once you have received the token, log in to your Zenith Bank online banking account or the mobile app. Go to the “Settings” or “Token” section of your account.How do I add a token to my GTBank account? ›
- Dial *737*7# on the phone number linked to your GTBank account.
- Enter your NUBAN account number.
- Enter the last 6 digits of your GTBank debit card.